Please Consider A Small Donation

Please consider a small donation to help us cover our running cost,so that we can keep this site FREE for everyone.

Amount:
Please consider a donation (10 Jul 2018)

Keep the Bongo Forum Alive

× Do show us some photos.

Question just bought our first bongo al wheel drive any hint and tips please

More
2 years 2 months ago #1595 by tippergo
tippergo created the topic: just bought our first bongo al wheel drive any hint and tips please
hi all just got our first bongo does any one now what i have to do to get the log book changed from mpv to a camper please any advice would be appreciated. also has any one on here got a bongo fridge for sale as ours is missing kindest of regards D M.PS any more advice its been stood a year started fine seemed a little lumpy for a few secs then drives fine on lt drove when i collected it and it local to me so only around 4 miles away had to take the trade plates back i had borrowed but temp seems ok its drives fault less feels nice and tight i am going to do a ful service cam belt been the first any hints and tips you bongo guys got for me many thanks Dm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #1710 by CBBacon
CBBacon replied the topic: just bought our first bongo al wheel drive any hint and tips please
Hi,

I had mine updated with the DVLA last year. All you need to know is here:

www.gov.uk/government/publications/registering-a-diy-caravan

In a nutshell you need to have the following. Put it in a cover letter with photos of each:

Cupboard / Locker

Integral part of vehicle living accommodation (mounted independently of other items, unless incorporated below seat/sleeping accommodation or the cooker)

Secured as a permanent feature (bolted, riveted, screwed or welded)

Secured directly to the vehicle floor and/or side wall (unless provision over driver’s cab compartment)

It said it takes up to 1 month but had my log book back within 2 weeks. This will affect your insurance so make sure you tell them and know what would be covered in the event of an accident.

More
2 years 1 month ago #1711 by CBBacon
CBBacon replied the topic: just bought our first bongo al wheel drive any hint and tips please
Hi,

I had mine updated with the DVLA last year. All you need to know is here:

www.gov.uk/government/publications/registering-a-diy-caravan

In a nutshell you need to have the following. Put it in a cover letter with photos of each:

Cupboard / Locker

Integral part of vehicle living accommodation (mounted independently of other items, unless incorporated below seat/sleeping accommodation or the cooker)

Secured as a permanent feature (bolted, riveted, screwed or welded)

Secured directly to the vehicle floor and/or side wall (unless provision over driver’s cab compartment)

It said it takes up to 1 month but had my log book back within 2 weeks. This will affect your insurance so make sure you tell them and know what would be covered in the event of an accident.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds