Please Consider A Small Donation

Please consider a small donation to help us cover our running cost,so that we can keep this site FREE for everyone.

Amount:
Please consider a donation (10 Jul 2018)

Keep the Bongo Forum Alive

× Welcome to the Bongo forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Question Buying a Bongo

More
2 years 4 months ago #1563 by Benno1875
Benno1875 created the topic: Buying a Bongo
Hello

I'm new to the Bongo world and hope that you can help me.

I have been researching Bongos for a while and will be taking the plunge in May when I've freed up some cash. My mechanical knowledge is zero and I have decided that the safest thing for me to do is buy a fresh import that has been serviced, undersealed and had any issues fixed before I get it.

I have approached 2 dealers, JAL in Worcestershire and Bring me a Bongo in Warrington. I found myself more confused than when I began after speaking with JAL so decided to leave it alone. I didn't have the feeling that the experience was going to be easy and I've read that others have felt the same.

I have spoken with Bring me a Bongo and felt more assured. I also like the fact that they replace the timing belt and coolant system.

Does anyone have experience of Bring me a Bongo? If so, what are your thoughts please?

Many thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #1572 by PeterMac
PeterMac replied the topic: Buying a Bongo
Benno.

I can't help you with the "Bring me a Bongo" as I haven't heard of them before.

Look at this buyers guide link, for things to "bone up" on before you go and committ yourself. Get as much info as possible. :)

< www.practicalmotorhome.com/advice/30484-...-camper-buyers-guide >

Regards,

Peter

LHD Year 2000 Friendee, 2.5 TD, AWD, 7 Seater TinTop

(Wherever you are, you are there.)
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by PeterMac.

More
2 years 4 months ago #1579 by 8illy80ng0
8illy80ng0 replied the topic: Buying a Bongo
I bought mine from "Nipon Motors in Leicester"" found on eBay... Avoid him and his brother who does the test certificate. Mine had loads of problems , had several things not done or delivered despite being promised them. Worst though ... It had defects which should have been test fails. Avoid them at all costs !

More
1 year 7 months ago #2521 by RubyBongo
RubyBongo replied the topic: Buying a Bongo
I bought my Ruby from Bringmeabongo.com. The sales was easy, stress free and I got a bargain!! Very pleased with my van and glad I made the decision to go to an independent. This guy is very knowledgeable and can fix anything that goes wrong (although mine has had only minor things happen) Nevertheless, he was very happy to fix my vehicle at a very reasonable price. Do it!!!!

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds